Valparaiso University Department of Civil Engineering seeks Adjunct Faculty Position to Teach for Six Weeks in Dalian, China, $7,000 pay; travel and housing provided.
Valparaiso University (Valpo) is seeking a qualified adjunct professor to teach a three-credit hour undergraduate Design of Steel Structures over a six-week period. The classes will be taught as a part of the joint-program established between Valpo and Dalian Jiaotong University (DJTU) in Dalian, Liaoning Province, China. The professor will join other Valpo faculty and will be supported by English-speaking DJTU staff who will manage all logistics. Textbook has been selected and course syllabi have already been created and will be available to the instructor.
- Course Dates: June 12-July 21. Plan to leave U.S. June 8.
- Course: Design of Steel Structures
- 6 hours/week total instruction time
- English-speaking TA will be provided.
- Compensation/Benefits: $7,000
- Round-trip airfare and housing provided
- Minimum Qualifications: Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering, fluency in oral and written English, excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Preferred Qualifications: Ph.D. in Civil Engineering, knowledge of Chinese, International academic experience.
Located an hour from Chicago in northwest Indiana, Valparaiso University (http://www.valpo.edu) is a comprehensive university with about 4,200 students. Candidates should be willing to work in a scholarly community committed to Christian higher education in the Lutheran tradition. Successful candidates will demonstrate a commitment to cultural diversity and the ability to work with individuals or groups from diverse backgrounds. In addition to strong academic qualifications and excellence in teaching, the University highly values experience in working across cultural and other significant differences.
Please submit a letter of application, a curriculum vitae, a teaching statement, and a list of three references to http://apply.interfolio.com/41739